1. What is the minimum eligibility to enroll in ICFAI’s Online MBA Program offered by IFHE?
The eligibility to enroll in ICFAI’s Online MBA -
- Graduate (any discipline) with 50% and above marks from a recognized university with the medium of instruction as English
- Candidates from medium of instruction other than English have to submit the TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS score report.
2. Is there an entrance test for admission?
No. There is no entrance test for the admission. However, there is a selection process to enroll in ICFAI’s online MBA Program.
Candidates will undergo a selection process, comprising Micro Presentation and a Personal Interview, which will be conducted online within a specified time window. For further details, please visit on online.ifheindia.org
3. Will the topic for Micro Presentation be given by the University or choice given to the candidate?
You may choose any topic of your interest for the Micro Presentation. On the date of the Micro Presentation given, you will need to present the topic online for five minutes. The presentation needs to be in English.
4. Do I need to come to Hyderabad for personal interview or during the course of study, after enrolment?
No. There is no need to come to IFHE Hyderabad for personal interview or during the course of study, after enrolment. The entire course is delivered through online, using a Learning Management System (LMS)
5. I do not have 50% in Graduation, but have 5 years of work experience. Am I eligible for online Programs?
No. As per the eligibility condition, Graduate (any discipline) with 50% and above marks from a recognized University with the medium of instruction as English are only eligible.
6. I have a diploma with 5 years of work experience, am I eligible?
No. As per the eligibility condition, Graduate (any discipline) with 50% and above marks from a recognized University with the medium of instruction as English are only eligible
7. What is the duration of the Program?
The duration of the Program is 2 years. However, the enrolment is valid for 4 years.
8. Is IFHE University recognized by UGC?
The ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE), Hyderabad was declared as a Deemed-to-be-University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956.
9. What is the Program fee? Can I pay in instalments?
The total fee is Rs.2,00,000. The candidates have an option to pay the fee in year wise or semester wise. For further details, please visit online.ifheindia.org
10. Do I need to pay fee for selection process?
Yes. Candidates are required to pay Rs.1000 as registration fee for selection process. However, this amount will be adjusted against admission fee on selection.
In the case of semester wise fee payment, the 1st semester fee is Rs. 65,000 (Rs. 20,000 towards admission fee and Rs.45,000 towards tuition fee). Upon selection, candidates are required to pay Rs.64,000, after adjusting the registration fee which was paid at the time of selection process.
In the case of year wise fee, the 1st year fee is Rs. 1,10,000 (Rs. 20,000 towards admission fee and Rs.90,000 towards tuition fee). Upon selection, candidates are required to pay Rs.1,09,000, after adjusting the registration fee which was paid at the time of selection process.
11. Are there any tie-up with banks for study loans?
No. There are no tie-up by the University to provide study loan. However, banks have individual education loan policies. Students may approach the banks for details.
12. What is the certification I get after completing the Program?
Students who successfully complete the graduation requirements for the Online MBA Program will be awarded the Master of Business Administration degree through the online mode from The ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE).
Graduation Requirements: Students should have completed the evaluation requirements of all courses in a maximum duration of four years with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of 5.5 with number of courses with D and E grades together not exceeding four. Detailed guidelines on graduation requirements are spelt out in the Student Handbook which will be provided to the students after enrolment.
- 13. Are foreign students allowed to enroll in ICFAI’s Online MBA Program offered by IFHE? If yes, how the grades/percentages given in my country are equated to the grades/percentages considered by IFHE, India.
14. What is the program structure?
The Program structure consists of 22 courses spread across 4 semesters with 15 core courses, 6 electives and 1 practicum / research project. For further details, please visit online.ifheindia.org
15. How many specializations/electives are offered?
There are 6 electives and 1 Practicum/research project.
- Semester III Elective Options - Students can opt for 3 Electives from 10 Options
- Semester IV Elective Options - Students can opt for 3 Electives from 10 Options
- Please visit online.ifheindia.org for the full list of electives.
16. Is there a major / minor in electives?
There is no major/minor in electives. Students can choose the electives based on their interest which will help to enhance their understanding in the area where they are currently working/planning to work.
Students are free to choose the electives across the total electives offered, i.e., a cafeteria approach in selecting the electives in Semesters III & IV.
17. What is the pedagogy/learning methodology for Online MBA Program?
The unique pedagogy includes -
- Micro-learning: Consists of Multi-format content – videos, audio- visuals, visually enriched text, and comprehensive glossary. These are presented as learning nuggets which require 2 to 15 minutes
- C-in-C approach to Content: Management is an applied discipline where context is ever prevalent. Hence academic concepts and frameworks are presented within real life ‘contexts’.
- P2P exercises: Practice-Precept-Practice cycle of learning and employability. Well-planned Engagement Exercises, based on real life situations to relate, reflect and recreate / can develop employability
- Gamification: Gamification motivates the learner to focus on self-progress in a group setting and triggers the peer groups competitive spirit.
18. Will you provide a study-plan? Or a weekly schedule in advance?
Yes, the University will provide the ideal study plan. Yet the learners have the flexibility to choose their own path as per their suitability within the prescribed timelines for each semester.
19. Are there any interactive sessions to interact with the faculty during the course of study?
For each module, the faculty will be conducting a one-hour live session per week. These sessions can be used by the students to clarify any gaps in learning and request for any repeat of explanation of concepts.
20. Are there any offline sessions for clarifying doubts?
There are no offline sessions for clarifying the doubts. However, Online consultation session will be scheduled for every course with faculty periodically to enable more focused learning.
21. Will there be industry connect? Or any guest seminars from industry experts?
Yes, there will be periodical webinars. Moreover, thru the C-in-C approach, the academic “Concepts” are presented within real-life “Contexts”
22. Is there a facility to observe my progress periodically and give feedback?
Yes. LMS has Gamification element which motivates the student to focus on self-progress in a group setting and triggers the peer groups competitive spirit.
Apart from this, the student is provided feedback on a periodic basis based on the progress made viz the course/ program outcomes. This is a part of the Learning Assurance program implemented by the Program.
23. H ow many hours I need to spend every week to complete the course work?
For most effective eLearning outcomes, for each course, learners need to spend about 8 to 10 hours every week in viewing videos, reading content, participating in discussion forums, work life narrations etc.
24. What is the total number Course Credits?
There are total 98 course credits. Subject wise Course credits are made available on the website. For further details, please visit online.ifheindia.org
25. How do I access the course content after enrolment?
The content, learning and assessment is conducted online on an interactive Learning Management System (LMS) that can be accessed anywhere with a proper internet connectivity. Learning Management System is an online platform that can be accessed through unique user-id and password provided to the student. Student will have access to the courses registered for in the Learning Management System
26. Are there any limit on the number of courses to be registered in a semester?
Registration to a semester is to be done before the commencement of classes for the semester as per the academic calendar. In any semester the student needs to enrol for a minimum of three courses in order to complete the program during the validity period of four years for the student.
27. What is the evaluation Process?
Evaluation is through formative and semester end examinations. Formative assessment contributes to 30% of the overall weight of the course assessment. It is done through session participation, performance in the engagement exercises, workplace narrations and discussion forums.
Semester End examinations are conducted online with technology enabled proctoring. They carry 70% weight.
28. Can I write the exams online?
Yes. Exams are conducted online. Semester End examinations are conducted online with technology enabled proctoring.